May 25, 2012 by dian/nna
Happy Friday to everyone! The start of Memorial Day weekend! I’m writing this from the deck, and it’s a beautiful morning! Let’s start the day with the highs from this week!
1. Today is appointment 1 of my 3 part series of tattoo removal sessions!! I’m 90% excited, 9% nervous and 1% wondering why I didn’t think of the pain quotient before now….
2. Saw a fantastic movie for free on Tuesday. Free screenings, wish I’d learned of this sooner! Gofobo.com, you have to do some digging & searching but RSVP codes are out there. I saw ‘The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel’, fantastic flick! Some of my favorite actors showing that the golden years and beyond are not what they used to be. It ain’t over till it’s over, so never act like it is! Plus a new favorite theme for life. “Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end!”.
3. Discovered a new Charlotte restaurant. The Mellow Mushroom. I tried the Caesar Pizza, WOW. Amazing. I’m excited to try more, and their 2nd Charlotte location as well!
4. A big freebie week, and I forgot to take photos! I used the target gift cards from last weeks frozen food haul, to get sunscreen, dog treats and leave in conditioner for free, and replaced the gift cards i used! My grocery trip had to be limited as well as my farmers market haul tomorrow as I’m leaving Sunday for Michigan to meet ‘Stewie Elmo’ who is taking his sweet time to arrive. Much to N’s chagrin!
5. I got matched for a ‘Little Sister’ this week!! I signed up and interviewed what seems like forever ago, and was finally approved and they think I’d be perfect for this little girl. She’s 14, and we have a lot in common. We will meet when I get back from MI!
As the tide flows, it ebbs…
1. I was surprised by my hesitance to get the tattoo removed. It makes sense, it’s been a part of me for so long.
2. Big storm here on Tuesday night left me with a gigantic branch down in the backyard. I’m glad the tree itself is okay, but need help removing the darned thing. I dislike “needing” help, but this sucker is bigger than it looks!
3. I’m about to complete my gym-pact this week. Made $7+ bucks even, been sticking with it and eating right for weeks, and while #s initially came off, they added back this week. Fat % down, inches less, my clothes fit the same, no better, but it’s hard to see the #s when you’re thinking about how hard you’ve worked. I know there’s a bazillion reasons for it, and muscle weighs more and blah blah blah. I’ll feel better when it goes the other way…
No rule says I have to be low 5 times this week! What lifted you up and brought you down this week?